We look forward to every call!

[geocontent distancefrom="Del Rio, Tx" miles="28"]830-488-6105[/geocontent][geocontent distancefrom="Eagle Pass, Tx" miles="28"]830-776-5996[/geocontent][geocontent distancefrom="Laredo, Tx" miles="92"]956-726-9886[/geocontent][geocontent distancefrom="Carrizo, Tx" miles="100" reverse="flipit"]830-488-6105[/geocontent]

Federal Workers Compensation – U.S. Department of Labor

Your physician MUST know what they are doing!

In an ideal world, you should get the same medical care regardless of whether you were hurt at home, in the care, at work or somewhere in between.  However, the reality is that the care you receive and the doctor you can receive it from varies greatly depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury.

If you are a federal employee and were injured on the job, you have to be careful.  Most federal employees have heard enough horror stories to know what questions to ask in order to verify whether their chosen physician can handle a federal workers compensation claim.  Does your doctor know the difference between a CA-1 and a CA-2?  The answer is that they better know the difference for your sake.

We have handled federal workers compensation claims since opening our offices in 2004.  We know what documentation has to be generated and exchanged in order to minimize the amount of time an injured worker is either waiting for treatment or waiting to get back to work.  We know our stuff!!

Here are some helpful hints when injured:

  • You have the right to pick your treating physician – choose carefully!
  • You must notify your supervisor before seeking treatment – fill out CA-16
  • Read the CA-11, When Injured at Work Information Guide for Federal Employees.
  • Complete a CA-1 or CA-2 form ONLY after speaking with your doctor
  • Only an MD or DO can be your treating physician – not a chiropractor